Mobile Banking Security
Alliance Bank follows best practices from Business eBanking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption, password access and application time-out when your phone is not in use. Only the phones that you personally enroll in the service can access your accounts. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your phone. And in the event your phone is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by going online to the Mobile Banking Center in Business eBanking.
Tips for Mobile Banking Safety
Below are tips to help keep you safe when using Mobile Banking.
- Protect your personal information by ensuring your mobile device maintains a PIN, fingerprint authentication or strong password. When your device is not in use, enable automatic screen lock.
- Once your session is complete, log out of mobile banking before closing the app.
- Do not share personal and financial information via email, text or phone. Social Security number, birth date, passwords and account numbers should be kept private and never stored on your mobile device.
- Delete security codes and message alerts you may receive via text from Alliance Bank. If you change your mobile phone number, be sure to update your online banking profile to protect sensitive message alerts.
- Report a lost or stolen device to your mobile service provider. Sign on to online banking to disable or remove the old device from your online banking profile.
- Use caution when downloading banking apps. Only install apps from reputable sources such as the Apple® App Store, Google™ Play or a direct link from the Alliance Bank website.
- Keep your mobile operating system and anti-virus software up-to-date by installing the latest updates as prompted by your device to ensure maximum security.
- Access mobile banking on a secure wireless network. Do not use public Wi-Fi hotspots. Unsecure networks can expose sensitive data, making it vulnerable to hackers.
- Do not root or jailbreak your device. This practice weakens device security.
- When depositing a check through our mobile banking app, wait until the funds are available and destroy the check within 30 days of deposit.